Monday, December 13, 2010

honest prayer

Dear God, 


the week flew by


I'm tired. and confused. i don't have the answers. i know you do God. i trust you and i know your timing is perfect. I'm asking for patience and strength b/c i don't feel like i have much left (maybe bc it's been a long day) 


my heart longs to know the plans you have for me next. what do you want me to do? i am your servant....show me. and give me the courage to always obey. 


God right now I'm not sure what you want and I'm tempted to figure it all out myself. but I'm going to wait for you to show me. I'm going to seek you completely. I'm going to be still and know you are faithful. i know you will come through. i will wait for you. i know this life isn't about me and my plan but it's about yours and sometimes it all doesn't make sense when i think it should. patience. 



"Take delight in the LORD,
   and he will give you the desires of your heart.

 Commit your way to the LORD;
   trust in him and he will do this:
 He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn,
   your vindication like the noonday sun.

  Be still before the LORD
   and wait patiently for him"

psalm 37:4-7



you know my deepest desires. you know my thoughts, my dreams. you've watched me shed tears and laugh and hope and pray....
you know me God. 


You have searched me, LORD,
   and you know me. 
 You know when I sit and when I rise;
   you perceive my thoughts from afar. 
 You discern my going out and my lying down;
   you are familiar with all my ways. 
 Before a word is on my tongue
   you, LORD, know it completely

psalm 139:1-4


my deepest deepest longing is to honor you. to know you and to fulfill your purpose for me...


don't let me take a wrong turn.


my lifelines:
"The Lord will guide you continually" 
Isaiah 58:11


 "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.” 
Proverbs 3:5-6 


"Seek the LORD and His strength; seek His face continually." 
1 Chronicles 16:11



"Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead and guide me." Psalm 31:3

"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you." 
Psalm 32:8

"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path" 
Psalm 119:105

"O Lord, I know the way of man is not in himself; it is not in man who walks to direct his own steps" 
Jeremiah 10:23

"Call to Me and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things, which you do not know." 
Jeremiah 33:3

i have faith...i will earnestly seek you. i long to please you. 
And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
Hebrews 11:6


lead me Lord...
"Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." Psalm 139:23-24

i love you God. as you know, this has been a FULL wk. so much happened...
help me process it ALL 

off to bed.
thank you for life. for your son. for your unconditional love. for the opportunity to love others. for your Word. 

goodnight God

love, 
tyler 

1 comment:

  1. I love this. And this:

    "my heart longs to know the plans you have for me next. what do you want me to do? i am your servant....show me. and give me the courage to always obey.
    God right now I'm not sure what you want and I'm tempted to figure it all out myself. but I'm going to wait for you to show me. I'm going to seek you completely. I'm going to be still and know you are faithful. i know you will come through. i will wait for you. i know this life isn't about me and my plan but it's about yours and sometimes it all doesn't make sense when i think it should. patience."

    I swear, if I had a diary... well, if I had a diary it would be journal, but the point is, if I had one, that would be on like every other entry

    ReplyDelete